Saturday, May 23, 2009

post-bundt disaster therapy






waldorf Astoria double chocolate cherry cookies http://waldorf.web01.i-sites.com/waldorf_cookbook/recipe2/

After my bundt disaster, I needed to bake something that I could feel confident that would turn out. Um, I neglected to fully read the mixing instructions. Getting in to it, it was definitely necessary for me to leave my stupid roots at the door and concentrate. It turned out to be a bit more challenging than your average cookie recipe (especially one that I thought it was going to be a just glorified chocolate chocolate chip cookie). Luckily, it turned out great. Not a great kid participation recipe, but more of a solo zen journey type.


It involved whisking the eggs and sugars over heat to create a kind of custard before mixing in the melted chocolates. I had to make sure that the eggs didn’t scramble with the heat being too hot. I think I developed a baby python out of my whisking arm. They suggest you use an electric beater, which I didn’t have. ☹ but it was pretty fun when it turned out doing it the old school way.


They are decadent with three different chocolates and the dried cherry. It a soft cookie, so if you are looking for a crispy cookie I’d just go with the regular Hershey package recipe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment